Updated: Mar 8
A simple guide to choosing the best tablet cases for kids
Let's face it - kids are growing up surrounded by a different kind of technology to what most of us were exposed to.
More and more parents have come to terms with the fact that their child WILL be using a tablet. If not at home, at school. Even preschoolers are introduced to using tablets, and they learn with ease (and swiftly go on to helping you out with yours!)
As a parent or guardian, it’s wise for you to invest in not only a good tablet or iPad, but also a durable case that is certain to provide extra protection from knocks, bumps, falls and other kinds of destruction that a child can conjure up within the blink of an eye.
An HD tablet case IS NEEDED for kids.
Because HD stands for HEAVY DUTY!
The fun and iconic Speck iGuy iPad cases no longer seem to be around. But if you want to choose something that is still just as fun and durable...
...We have picked a top selection of child-proof cases to keep tablets and iPads snug and safely protected.
They make excellent, practical gifts for birthdays and other celebrations such as Christmas.
Here is a short, but informative guide to advise you on what to look out for when choosing a tablet for a child
An easy guide for things to consider when selecting a child-friendly, shock-proof tablet case
First, consider where will it most be used?
- At school. At home. Outdoor.
Which colour tablet?
- Bright colours are nearly always a big hit when selecting a protective tablet cover for a very young child. Most tablet cases are available in vibrant colour options.
- Small children are attracted to eye-catching shapes as well as colours.
- Older children might desire a subtle colour that blends well with their room and attire.
Tablet cases for children should provide a good grip, be anti-dust and scratch-resistant.
Pay attention to the material it’s made from and the texture design:
- It should be shock-proof, robust, easy to clean with a damp cloth.
EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) rubber foam, neoprene and silicone are very protective.
Does it need to have a handle?
- If a child needs something like a grip, make sure that it is large enough to securely grasp.
Does it need to have a strap?
- Will it be used to carry over the shoulder? In the car, attached to the back of the car seat? If so, it will need an adjustable strap
- There are also tablet cases that have a multifunctional, rotating hand strap on the back.
Can the case stand-up on its own to enable easy media viewing?
- Some have sturdy legs and others may have a stand.
Would you need a case that has a built-in pencil holder?
Does it come with a tempered glass screen protector?
- If it doesn't then you will need to purchase one separately.
Deep edges or bumpers around the screen (Raised screen bezel)
- If it falls face downward, the screen won’t be the first thing that encounters the table or floor.
And most important of all for very young children - Thick padding, thick corners!
- You know why
- Be sure to select the right sized case! Bear in mind to check if you are buying a universal case or one that just fits your device brand - Samsung Galaxy, iPad or other.
Compatibility - Good To Know...
Most manufacturers make a variety of cases for iPad, Galaxy, and Universal ones. Whenever you see that a specific protective case states that it is only available for e.g iPad, don't despair - you are highly likely to find the same tablet case on their Amazon store page in the size and model that you require.
AVAWO shock-proof tablet case - Highly Rated.
For a Samsung Galaxy Tablet. 8.4 inch
Built-in foldable handles.
Built-in screen protector.
Non-toxic EVA foam rubber.
Available in many colours.
PEPKOO - Rugged handle stand cover - Highly Rated.
For an iPad 9.7inch case
Non-toxic, shock-absorbing EVA foam and plastic.
Kickstand handle for multiple viewing angles.
Made especially for kids. Reinforced protection case.
Available in blue, grey, green, pink
ADOCHAM - Silicone tablet cases.
Designed for iPad tablets
Made from food-grade silicone materials.
Built-in Apple pencil holder. (Does NOT come with the pencil)
Top and side handle for all-round grip.
Comes with a shoulder strap.
A kickstand is on the back.
A screen protector will need to be purchased separately.
Available in green, blue, pink, purple.
MOKO tablet case for kids - Highly Rated.
iPad Air 2 9.7inch.
Made from impact-resistant EVA material.
Corners are reinforced with double-thick silicone.
A convertible stand that doubles as a handle.
Perfect for school and home use.
Available in blue, green.
ACEGUARDER rainbow coloured tablet covers.
For iPad Mini 4 & 5.
Made from eco-friendly silicone.
Adjustable bracket kickstand.
Does not come with a protective screen.
Available in many rainbow colours. There is also an Army Combat design.
LTROP Character tablet case
For Amazon Fire 7 tablet case. (7th & 9th Gen)
Made from premium EVA
Versatile built-in kickstand in the form of a cute character.
Excellent impact cushioning.
Removable and adjustable shoulder strap that allows it to be hung from the back of a car seat.
Raised screen bezel.
Available in many colours
Depending on your Amazon location, the name of the company that supplies Amazon with this cute character case will vary:
LTROP' - if you are in The U.S.A.
'SUROM' - if you are in The UK, Spain, or Germany.
'MENZO' - if you are in The U.S.A or Canada.
CHIN FAI character tablet cases for kids
Available for iPad and Samsung. Amazon Kindle Fire 7.
FDA approved. Made from food-grade silicone.
Sturdy handles on the sides.